About Us

In April 2013, I arrived in Milwaukie, Oregon after spending 3.5 years on the mission field in Northern Baja Mexico. Soon I discovered God's purpose in bringing me to Oregon...the homeless community.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

What It Means to Be Blessed

Today as I looked through my Bible I found a communication card that I never turned to the ushers on Sunday. I'm pretty good at forgetting to turn the cards in, but many times they stay in my Bible with something written that was on my heart that day.

As we draw closer to the day we actually leave for Door of Faith Orphanage, I would like to leave you with my thoughts that I jotted down on my communication card dated March 28, 2009.

"I am blessed; not because I have a nice house, a car, or even my health. I am not blessed because I have a job. I am blessed because I've heard the gospel freely, easily and at a young age so I could have the joy of knowing Jesus most of my life."

"And I pray that you, being rooted together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

Let's never take for granted the blessing of hearing the good news.

Blessed....to bless others.

Robin,
Great, looking forward to having you all get down and settled in. (I have a list of projects for you...)
The challenges you've been facing are normal - everyone who steps out for God goes through attacks, everyone here has their own stories - we need to remember that we've already won. What we do here matters, we're being use to touch lives in ways we don't know - it's worth it.

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment