About Us

In April 2013, I arrived in Milwaukie, Oregon after spending 3.5 years on the mission field in Northern Baja Mexico. Soon I discovered God's purpose in bringing me to Oregon...the homeless community.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

God's Love is Extravagant!







Today, I witnessed the most beautiful thing. I saw God's love poured out on the kids from the orphanage in a way I never could have imagined. An individual that loves God and has been blessed financially through over 100 kids a huge beach party just because he could. It wasn't a special day to celebrate. It wasn't earned for good behavior. It wasn't to win them over. It was solely for the purpose of enjoying kids being happy.

We had horse back riding, quads, and para airplane rides over the beach. The resort on the beach had a jump house, jousting, and two types of water slides. Then there were the two pools and hot tub available and tennis. There was soda, popcorn, pizza, popcorn,candy, and chips to eat. All of this was provided just because someone gets a kick out of being generous. Then, if that wasn't enough, the evening ended with a fireworks presentation. It was great to hear the kids yell out "por DJ, por Mexico" or "por mi" as the fireworks shot up in the sky.

As I took in all this generousity, all I could think about was how some would think it was foolish to spend money that way. So many other good things could have come from the amount of money that had to have been spent today. Yet, I couldn't get passed the thought that Jesus may have done the very same thing if the occasion was for kids. What I saw today was priceless. It's just like the Lord to take a hard situation, like being placed in an oprhanage and turn it all around and allow these kids to experience fun and laughter with seemingly no limits.

It challenges me as a parent to bless my kids with something or someplace and say to them "Just because I love you." I tell my kids all the time that they can't earn God's love or blessing, and yet how often do I do something just out of love and not them having to earn it. The Bible is clear that God does not treat us as our sins make us deserve. I am so thankful that God loves me just because He wants to; nothing more and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment