About Us

In April 2013, I arrived in Milwaukie, Oregon after spending 3.5 years on the mission field in Northern Baja Mexico. Soon I discovered God's purpose in bringing me to Oregon...the homeless community.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Learning the "Ins and Outs" of Running Errands

Today I tagged along with Lynette and Lauren as we ran errands in Mexico as well as in the states. Learned a lot about the rules of the road including those primarily for Americans. I also learned that there are places I need to stop even when the stop sign has been missing for years.

We went to a few post offices to pick up mail, shopping at Target and Costco. We purchased personal items as well as items for the orphanage. The primary reason however, was to pick up one of the orphanage vans that had been repaired.

I learned that you need to divide up the things that you purchase because of how much is allowed per driver. Even if you're bringing things for children in an orphanage you still have to do things a certain way. Orphanages are no exception.

I learned that 15 passenger vans are almost always automatically pulled over to be checked out. I learned that pray is the way to handle every situation that arises.

My friends from church came down for the weekend to do work at Casa de Maria. I've only been here about a week , but it's great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment