About Us

In April 2013, I arrived in Milwaukie, Oregon after spending 3.5 years on the mission field in Northern Baja Mexico. Soon I discovered God's purpose in bringing me to Oregon...the homeless community.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Waiting on the Lord

A lot has happened since my last entry. I'm approaching the 2 month mark of living here in Milwaukie, Oregon.  It's quite the change from Mexico, or even from California, if I look at my environment.  Way more flowers, green trees, rivers than I'm used to.  I am enjoying that part of the change.  I'm also enjoying the body of Christ up here.  It's so great to know that the body of Christ is everywhere.

Tyler is adapting well.  He's very happy here and making many friends. He continues to jump in to every opportunity to serve through the local church we attend and is even pursuing helping in a VBS with his new friends from another church.

David made the decision to leave recently. He is pursuing work in southern California so that he can be close to the border and visit his friends in Mexico. David will be 20 years old on June 20th.  Time has really gone by fast.

I continue to wait for the Lord's direction.  I have been just a little incapacitated by something going on with my lower back for the last month or so. Today, I was referred to a neurologist to see if they can figure out what is causing the pain, stiffness and spasms.  The Lord has me very still right now.  As much as I would like to hit the job market, my back is telling me "not yet".  So, I continue to wait on the Lord.

I am pursuing the possibilities of working with a ministry called Father's Heart Street Ministry in Oregon City.  I should be starting sometime this week part time while I wait for my back to heal.  Father's Heart seems to offer everything that I could dream of all in one place.  They prepare meals, provide meals, clothes and showers to the homeless in the area.  They even help find the homeless work and get them back on their feet.  Most of all, they share the hope that comes from a life of trusting in Jesus.

Another project that I'm working on is getting food to my friends at Dios Me Ve. Since I am not currently employed, I am unable to send funds on a regular basis. I've had a lot of time to brainstorm while waiting on the Lord. One of the ways that to help my friends in Dios Me Ve is to collect water bottles and soda cans. My plan is to go my neighbors here on my street and ask them if I can have their bottles and cans for recycling. This will help me get funds to them to purchase food in Mexico for the hungry families of the colony and Dios Me Ve. 

If this is something that you would like to be a part of, you can email me for more information.

God bless you,

Robin Schmidt
rschmidt316@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment