About Us

In April 2013, I arrived in Milwaukie, Oregon after spending 3.5 years on the mission field in Northern Baja Mexico. Soon I discovered God's purpose in bringing me to Oregon...the homeless community.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Visit with Mom

Recently I had the privilege of having a quick visit with my Mom.  The older I get the more I see her influence in my life.  At the age of 82 she still brings the "elderly" to church, visits those in the need and hosts a Bible study.  I can call on her for prayer any time.  She even collects designated items for Door of Faith Orphanage, in La Mision Mexico and needed items for Dios Me Ve Ministries in Ensenada.  

I really have been blessed.  I have experienced the joy of serving most of my life because of my parents daily modeling that it's better to give than receive. It's funny when she talks about me slowing down or taking a break.  It's foreign to me because she didn't model much of that.  I've mostly seen her give, serve, pray and testify all my life of the goodness and blessings of God.  As far as I'm concerned, my mother has been part of an early reward of me trying to follow in her footsteps.

2 comments:

  1. Hey that's my Auntie T... She still inspires me even from afar! Lov yah!

    ReplyDelete